crafted by photobiz

Our Story

Originally constructed about 1890 as the W.H. Schatzman Blacksmith Shop and Carriage Facility the building originally fronted on Cherry Street Lane, while another building stood where the courtyard entrance is now located. The building on Poplar Street suffered from extreme fire damage and would later be torn down in the 1970’s.
For years the blacksmith shop and carriage facility were used for a number of purposes until the space finally served as a parking garage in the mid 1990’s. In 1996, Marco Danese with Damaste Real Estate purchased the building and the vacant lot which faced Poplar Street with the vision of an incredible space for a restaurant and social gatherings.
One of the primary goals during renovation was to preserve the buildings architectural integrity. Architects maintained the original heart pine timbers, clearstory windows, hand made bricks and arched openings originally used for carriages. Fixtures for the new space were all handcrafted with designs in keeping with the buildings original use.
Today the courtyard is fully landscaped and the building has been painstakingly and beautifully restored paying homage to the wonderful craftsmen who constructed it more than a century ago. Since 2005 we have hosted hundreds of wedding receptions, corporate events and other special occasions. We hope that we will be the site for your next special event.